POKEMON HAS BEEN FIXED, HALLELUJAH! See full release below for details.
Notification About Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Update Data
25th October 2013 - As of 25th October 2013, update data to fix certain errors and problems occurring in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been made available for download on Nintendo eShop. We strongly recommend that all Pokémon X and Pokémon Y players download and install this update data. We apologise for the inconvenience.
What the Update Does
l Prevents the occurrence of a rare issue in which players are unable to resume playing after saving their game in certain areas of Lumiose City. Players already affected by this issue will also be able to resume playing normally after downloading and installing this update data.
l Prevents errors which sometimes occur when using certain functions of the GTS (a feature allowing players all around the world to exchange Pokémon).
How to Download the Update Data
1) Scan one of the QR Code patterns below using a Nintendo 3DS system while connected to the internet. The update data for Pokémon X differs from that of Pokémon Y, so make sure you scan the QR Code for the version of the game you own.
How to Scan the QR Code
- 1. From the HOME Menu, hold down L (or R) to start the camera application.
- 2. Touch the QR Code icon on the left side of the lower screen.
- 3. Using the camera, scan the appropriate QR Code to open Nintendo eShop in order to download the update data.
Alternatively, starting Nintendo eShop on a Nintendo 3DS system that is displaying Pokémon X or Pokémon Y on the HOME Menu will show a list of software with update data available, from which you can select and download the update data.
For detailed information on how to connect to the internet, click here.
In some cases, you may first need to update the Nintendo 3DS system itself. To do so, please follow the on-screen instructions.
2) Select the Pokémon™ X: Update or Pokémon™ Y: Update and download it. Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied.
3) Start Pokémon X or Pokémon Y and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number shown is 1.1, as in the following image, the update has been successful.
Software bought after the update data distribution date of 25th October 2013 may not display the version number of 1.1. In such cases, the update data must be downloaded and applied.
You will be able to continue using your saved game data.
The update data will be saved on the SD card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system. If there is insufficient free space on the SD card, the update will not be applied successfully. You can check how much free space there is on your SD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.
Please take care not to delete the update data, which can be viewed by opening System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Add-on Content.