Sayonara UmiharaKawase launched in Europe late last week. Check out the details below.
Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
Launched Today On PS Vita!
Video gaming history is set to be delivered to a new generation of European video gamers TODAY with the digital launch of 'Sayonara UmiharaKawase +'
on PS Vita.
Along side the launch of the game, the developer has release a new gameplay video
Easy to play, difficult to master, 'Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
' is a totally unique 'Rubbering Action' physics based puzzle platform game with over 20 years of gaming history.
Developed by the creators of the original game (Kiyoshi Sakai and Toshinobu Kondo) and available for the first time globally on the PlayStation Vita, this cult classic was a Japanese indie smash hit before the rest of the world knew what a cult classic was!
Completely re-worked for the PlayStation Vita, play as `Umihara Kawase` - a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. The deeper in to this dream-like game players venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits and unlock bonus levels.
As a special bonus for fans, the first ever title in this gaming franchise 'UmiharaKawase' has also been included. UmiharaKawase was originally released way back in 1994 for console.
It is the elasticity of Umihara's rubber fishing line that has always set this franchise apart from all other rope games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success and failure. The bungee like nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
- The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
- Now 60fps
- 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
- Includes the original 'UmiharaKawase' game - this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
- Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on 'The Mosquito') and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
- Unique 1970's Japanese visual style
- Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
- Global time ranking
- New enemy placements
- Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
- Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
Title: Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
Players: Single Player
Platforms: PlayStation Vita digital
Genre: 'Rubbering Action' Physics Puzzle Platform
Publisher: Agatsuma Entertainment Co., Ltd
Release Date: Out Today, 30 April 2015
SRP: 15,99 Euro
The game has already enjoyed successful launches in North America, Japan and Asia.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
About Agatsuma Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Founded by a group of highly experienced game/toy industry veterans Based in Tokyo, Japan, AGATSUMA ENTERTAINMENT is an interactive TV/ hand-held game publishing company and also a management agency; coordinating deals between publishers and developers world-wide.
©2015 Agatsuma Games Ltd, All rights reserved.
MotionBank / 2015 Studio Saizensen