The latest QuakeLive build, the standalone version, is finally out. This makes the web browser based game a standalone feature that doesn’t require a web browser to play. However, according to a recent news post, there are still a few issues for some users that the team are working on fixing.
See the full post below:
The following are known issues and that we are currently working to resolve within the QUAKE LIVE installer, launcher, and standalone client.
- Auto-login reports missing email address.
- “Old” integrated Intel cards are unable to render the webview, resulting in a blackscreen with console access. We are working to identify which models and generations of cards may be effected.
– Intel 82865G, 82915G, 82945G, 945GM, GMA950, G31/G33, Q35
– Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, GeForce 6800, GeForce GT 635M
- Reports of the Friends List not showing up, we’re investigating the issue. Your friends list is still intact.